A Little More About Choir School of East Texas
Choir School of East Texas is a 501 (c) (3) after-school program that trains boys and girls to sing professionally with adult singers. The program incorporates the style of training that began nearly one thousand years ago and continues today in the great cathedrals in England. Choristers perform a wide range of choral music that spans five centuries and includes text in English, Latin, French, and German. Private piano instruction, music theory, and classical singing instruction are a few of the many benefits offered to choristers.
To use music as a positive intervention in the lives of youth through out-of-school arts learning, including vocal training, private piano lessons, and leadership development in children and youth ages 8 – 18.
To create a Choir School of East Texas that is:
- Informed by the English model of non-residential choir schools
- Tailored to suit the needs of underprivileged children living in north Tyler and beyond
- Inclusive of all children that show an interest in the program and commitment to the Choir Schedule
- A source of pride for our community
- A valuable asset to parents in the education of their children.